intu Trafford Centre
GM Employ keeping businesses and people of Greater Manchester working.
1 April 2020
GM Employ supporting Greater Manchester businesses and helping people into essential work during COVID-19 and beyond.
The Growth Company, along with Greater Manchester Combined Authority and delivery partners has launched GM Employ with the aim of keeping the businesses and people of Greater Manchester working at this this time of challenge and uncertainty.
The initiative, launched by The Growth Company and Greater Manchester Combined Authority, will connect employers who have urgent temporary vacancies for essential work with people across the region who are available to start work straight away.
Employ GM will also support individuals who have been made redundant due to COVID-19, as well as self-employed people who have seen a significant drop in work, by helping them look for new job opportunities as well as providing them with careers advice and training.
Support for businesses:
• Advertise your roles
• Quickly match candidates
• Support with payroll process
• Identify any skills needs
•Provide additional guidance for your businesses and employees
Support for individuals:
• Support you through redundancy
• Help if they have been given reduced hours
• Identify immediate job opportunities
• Provide skills, training and careers advice to help improve your job prospects
* Employers will need to commit that they are complying with PHE guidelines in particular social distancing, and making appropriate personal hygiene facilities available to employees.