We are delighted that through the Government’s Better Deal for Bus Users Fund, Diamond Buses are operating enhanced bus routes to TraffordCity, opening up opportunities for new employment, shopping and leisure trips.
Introducing the 20, 21 and 22 services…
These new and improved services, summarised below, will start on Sunday 25th October:
- NEW Service 20 to Bolton: this replaces the existing 68 service which is extended from Walkden to Bolton via Logistics North and Deane. This effectively doubles the number of buses running between Bolton and the centre and opens up a range of new direct bus links.
- NEW Service 21 to Clifton: this service will run from Clifton Junction and will then follow the same route as the renumbered service 22 between Pendlebury and the centre.
- Service 2 to Bolton: this service will revert back to its historical number, 22, and will run much to the same timetable as now. Combined, services 21 and 22 double the service between the centre and Monton, Swinton and Pendlebury, with a bus up to every 15 minutes.
In addition, other services are also being improved:
- Service 126 to Leigh: new early morning journeys are introduced, with the service starting over an hour earlier than at present.
- Service 132 to Wigan: new early morning journeys are introduced, with the service starting over two hours earlier than at present.
The route map for the new look 20/21/22 services is below. Download a PDF here.